Sunday, June 13, 2010

More summertime fun


Sorry for the lack of posts lately.  We have been so busy with life that I haven't gotten to catch my breath let alone blog.  We haven't unpacked 80% of the boxes yet, but I still thought we needed some fun.  I just think the boxes will be there, right?  So what if it takes me a month to unpack.  Life isn't going to stop because of it.
So, we have been blessed beyond belief with a special event that happens twice a week(we've only been twice so far).  A local homeschooling family with 15 children has opened up their home to other homeschooling families to enjoy for the summer.  Their property is like a 4H camp.  It has a big lake with a slide, canoes, fishing and a landing in the middle for jumping.  They also have a pool and a HUGE playground that rivals any found at a park.  We have went the past two weeks with our good friends and have had so much fun.
I sit in the lake the entire time with my friend Elise and we just waste the day away with funny stories and screams when the fish decide to nibble on my hair.



Here is Nick with his bestest friend...

It is so much fun and we look forward to doing this all summer long.  Especially with this record breaking heat wave we are experiencing, the lake and pool are so welcomed!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving our Fridays! I got so burnt last time, though. I have to remember to put some sunscreen on.

    ReplyDelete