Friday, September 30, 2011

95...


95..yes Ninety-five pillowcases!
I just can't even believe it!
The Con Kerr cancer sewing class/event went off great.  We had a great turnout and I hope some of these ladies learned something-I've never taught anyone to sew before, so this was a new experience for me...

 It was my idea, but so many folks just took it and ran with it.  I couldn't have done it without them.  Between the donations on my blog, to the woman I've never met that heard about the event and asked her Sunday School class to donate money for which she bought fabric and sewed many, many pillowcases, to the lovely woman's momma that felt led to sew 40 pillowcases, to the girl that came to the event and then shared her experience with another group-which may stir someone else's heart to the cause, on and on and on...

I feel humbly grateful for the time these women spent to help children with cancer.   It warms my heart and really shows kindness for others in need.

Thank you so much for your help and support...




No comments:

Post a Comment