Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pickles and Peas

I know I shouldn't document this, but I can't help it.  I don't want to forget.  Nicholas has been very curious lately about the birds and the bees and where babies come from.  We have explained it to him in a very age appropriate manner(we believe).  Nicholas is my kid that ADORES children and has said that he wants to have 64 children when he grows up.  He is an AMAZING big brother to Joey and little Peanut follows him around and copies him constantly, it's really cute.  The other day we were talking about what he'd like to be when he got older and he named all the regular boy things + one:  baseball player, go cart racer, inventor, and babysitter.  I'm telling you he loves kids!
Anyway, I guess the other day he sat down with Darryl and said he didn't want children. Darryl asked why and he said it's because he didn't think *laying* with a woman sounded enjoyable.  Well, Darryl said that when you are married, it can be enjoyable(I'm giggling as I type this).  Well, then Nicholas asks how the pickles and peas get together.
Pickles and peas?
What?
Apparently, that is the name he has chosen to call boy and girl parts.  Now, I know I'm thinking pickles and peas are the boys parts, but, no...Pickles=boys  Peas=girl.  Not sure why, but I find it utterly hilarious and am so thankful that he chose to talk to Darryl about it because I would have been fighting with all my might not to crack up.  I still haven't had the courage to ask him why peas because I know I would start laughing.  It's so cute!  
(Just wanted to add...he does know the appropriate names for these parts, but I guess he feels more comfortable with his own names.)

No comments:

Post a Comment