Wednesday, July 30, 2014

 So, we made it 12 years with rambunctious boys and no broken bones.
Then, we get two broken bones in two kids in three weeks.
When it rains it pours!

Our home is under major renovations right now and the contractor had taken down the stair rail.
It wasn't a problem for the first two weeks as we were on vacation, but when we got home, it was a problem. 
The new stair case has spindles about half way up and then a wall.
So, it needed a new stair rail on the other side.
I asked the contractor several times to put it up and he said he would.
It didn't happen.
Last Thursday before we left for the day I asked him again to put it up that day, I was getting worried.
He told me he would.
We came home to no stair rail.
(Sigh)
That night, little Joe was coming down the stairs holding the wall and slipped.
He kind of cartwheeled down about six steps.
I saw him falling and ran to him and caught him before he reached the hardwood floors.
Thanks be to God for that!
He was complaining that his shoulder hurt, but he could move it so I figured maybe it was just bruised.
I calmed him down and got him to sleep.
The next morning he was still nursing his shoulder, so I knew something wasn't right.
I got him in with his pediatrician and he sent us to the hospital for X-Rays.
Not his shoulder.
His clavicle.
Green stick fracture.
(Sigh)
Thankfully, Darryl was on the way home from a trip and my sister was here for support and to help with the other kids.
Thanks be to God for that!
Little Joe got all fixed up and now he has to wear a sling and a brace for a couple of weeks.
He has handled this like a trooper.  He is such an amazing kid, he hasn't complained at all!
We did put a halt to potty training even though he was doing amazing because he knew it would be hard to use the potty with just one arm.
Poor guy!
Friends brought him a little gift and it meant so much to him.
Lana brought him a gift and that meant so much to him.
He is loved by so many!
Hopefully, we are done with broken bones in our home, I've had enough to last me another twelve years!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment