Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

Tuesday, September 7, 2010




For Today…

Outside my window... It is cool out this morning but will heat up to around 90 again today.  Sitting on the porch this morning I saw mist around the tops of the trees and it was misty down the driveway..it was beautiful!

I am thinking....how grateful I am to be forgiven..

I am wearing...green top, skirt with green flowers and my hair is down...and barefoot of course!

I am remembering...how just a year ago we were getting ready to move and had no idea what the next year would bring.  We had sold our home so quickly, we just had to move and then plan later...Last night, Darryl and I walked down the driveaway after the boys were asleep and looked at the property and house and still couldn't believe it is ours..

I am going...piano lessons for the boys, pick up pictures for their photography entries into the fair and a baseball game tonight.

I am hoping....that the boys will be diligent in their schoolwork today-we've had some bumps in the road getting back into the swing of things.

From the learning rooms…Normal Core subjects plus Latin and piano today...we are also really enjoying learning about the Native Americans and how their lives were affected by the settlers.  It's really quite sad and gives me a new perspective on the subject.  I'm excited to learn more about it with the boys.

Noticing that... even thought the days are quite warm still, the nights have gotten cool.  We even had the windows open this weekend and it was quite chilly in the house by morning.

I am reading...Pillars of the Earth (a book my friend Elise let me borrow it's really good!)

Pondering these words...all of Proverbs 31- I will be pondering and meditating on these words for awhile..

From the kitchen…Tuna casserole for dinner, watermelon for dessert (dinners are quick and easy on baseball nights)

Around the house...I ordered some new bedding for us and the boys last night.  I'm so excited to get that.  I also bought an awesome tobacco basket this weekend at the Depot-we hung it last night.  I've also gotten out the fall decorations and candles.

One of my favorite things:   fall scented candles(Apple Cinamon, Banana Bread,etc...)

A few plans for the rest of the week:  We have to drop off our fair items tomorrow.  We have another baseball game later in the week and we also have some guests coming this weekend-yeah!

From my picture journal...

A new sign waiting to be hung on the front porch-isn't it cute?!


If you'd like to particpate in the simple woman's daybook, please visit:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment