Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook


Tuesday, September 14, 2010




For Today…

Outside my window... Oh gosh...it's so nice and cool out..I've been actually having to discipline myself to come in from the porch rocking chair most mornings lately.

I am thinking....about a handmade Christmas and lists I need to make and supplies I need to get to make all the things I'd like to make.

I am wearing...a gray t-shirt and pink skirt

I am remembering...the great time I had with my brothers a couple of weeks ago...

I am going...to piano practice,the library(my favorite place) and baseball tonight

I am hoping....that Matthew decides soon what he wants to be for Halloween..I have to get started creating!

From the learning rooms…still learing about the Native Americans and how they were persecuted...I love the stories with Sonlight curriculum-it really puts a face and a story to the history of our nation.

Noticing that... my home is starting to feel really cozy and warm-I hope guests feel that way!

Pondering these words...Oh gosh...we had  such a wonderful Bible study this weekend and we are reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  He said something in the book I've never thought about but have now thought about constantly(especially in my prayer time)...he asked what would you do if you knew God was in the next room?  How would you approach him?  What would you say?
I never really thought about that before he said that...I think sometimes I become to *casual* in my prayer time, but if I knew God was physically standing there and I had to approach him, I would certainly be more reverent, respectful and humble..that's for sure!   So, I've been using that image in my mind when I have my prayer time and it's really changed how I pray to him..

From the kitchen…Lentil tacos with spanish rice for dinner

Around the house...We got our new sofa and chairs and I love them!  They are so cozy and comfy!!

One of my favorite things:  My coffee cup made at Meg Art with the boys handprints.

A few plans for the rest of the week:   We are going to get some bushes for the front of the house and I'm hoping to order some fruit and fig trees to get started on our little orchard-I figure if I plant a couple of trees each fall in a couple of years we'll have a nice fruit orchard.

From my picture journal...
This is the type of chicken coop I'd like Darryl to build me..isn't it cute?!

If you'd like to participate in the simple woman's daybook, please visit:
thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment