Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Superheros and a test in mama's attention span...

The boys have gained an interest(really an obsession) in superheros lately.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that for the last two days, I have listened to HOURS upon HOURS of superhero talk.  Superheros they want to be, Superheros they like, Superheros that do cool things, etc.  Nicholas wants to be like Spiderman and has for two days tried to figure out how to make himself like him.  He has pondered and talked with me about how he can make the costume and Spidey hands.  He has talked so much about it his throat is sore.  He keeps asking me if he's boring me, and of course, I say no.  Superheros are definitely not my thing.  And to be honest,  I don't even have the slightest interest in Superheros.  But, I am intersested in my sons and I love seeing the joy in their faces as they try and figure out how to make costumes for themselves.  Today, they want to be a new Superhero and rescue and save people.  And today, I've listened as well.  Nicholas has even followed me around the house as I do lesson plans and asked me specifically if he could still talk with me about Superheros.  I find that so charming and cute!  Of course, I'll listen with open ears and an attentive face because I know that listening today, he will want to talk with me in the future as well.  I hope to always have an open dialogue and hope he knows he can always share his dreams(no matter how far fetched) they are and I will be there..listening and enjoying my time with my son...

No comments:

Post a Comment