Saturday, October 25, 2014

On Darryl's birthday this year, we headed to Crowder's Mountain for a lovely hike and picnic.
I had planned on taking him to Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville.  He loves animals and has asked several times to go there (much to my chagrin...for some reason I just don't like things like that). 
I figured it was the least I could do for him on such a special day, but he confided that he wanted to go on a hike instead.  
Yeah for me!
  I mean him, of course.  

So, I packed us a yummy picnic and we headed off to explore the mountain.
 It was a lovely day.
 The leaves were just beginning to change.
  The air was crisp and the sun felt so wonderful!
We hiked around the lake and had a great time exploring.
Upon leaving the park, we saw a man painting a mountain landscape.  We sat and talked with him a bit.  He had such wonderful stories and told us he was the *official* painter of Crowder Mountain State Park.  It was neat to watch him at his craft.

Such a sweet, perfect day.

Happy Birthday to my sweet husband!
May God grant you many years.
I love you.












No comments:

Post a Comment