Wednesday, October 8, 2014



On the first day of autumn, we had a celebration!
It's no secret in our home, that this is my favorite time of year.
I love the leaves, the pumpkin patches, the yummy food, bonfires, Halloween...I could go on and on.

It was a school day for us, but we still managed to squeeze in some special moments.

I made pumpkin pancakes for breakfast.
 

 While the big boys were upstairs settled into their school day, I read some fall books to the littles and they did a craft.
They glued little buttons and jewels to felt leaves I had cut out.




The weather was gorgeous, so we ate dinner on the deck.
I made cheddar butternut squash soup and a lovely fall salad with toasted pecans and maple balsamic dressing.
 


After dinner, I sauteed some apples in butter and coconut sugar.  We had some vanilla ice cream, so we topped it with apples and the remainder of the toasted pecans from dinner.

This was soooo goood!!!
 


We enjoyed our ice cream dessert in the living room where we kicked of the season with It's A Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

We all had such a lovely day.
Happy Fall Y'all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment