Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Piano Recital

The boys winter piano recital was this past Saturday. It was a combined recital with three other teachers so there were alot of students. Matthew was nervous but was o.k. Nicholas was not. This is him in the picture below. He was so nervous he couldn't get up there at first. The boys were supposed to do a solo and a duet. Well, Matthew did his solo and Nicholas couldn't do it. At first, I'll be honest, I didn't have any compassion for him. He could get up there and be silly but not do a performance? But, then I started to realize he genuinely was petrified. We finally convinced him to perform after he saw everyone else perform. They were ending the program and he went up to the teacher and asked if he could play. He raced through the performance and left the stage in tears running for me, I started to get teary for him. He grabbed me so hard and cried and cried. I really think this was really hard for him but we expressed how impressed we were that he overcame his fear and do this. He was really brave. Little Nini...I just love him..


Here he is with that petrified look on his face looking out at all the people behind us...
Here he is playing his song.
This is Nicholas again..if you look close you can see him starting to well up. I felt so sad for him but I was so proud of him that he did it.
Here is Matthew playing his solo...he did a great job as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment