Saturday, October 9, 2010

A special birthday

It was my sweet husband's birthday on Thursday-Oct. 7th...
I knew for at least one day I needed to suck it up and do something for someone else.(I hadn't cooked a dinner in at least 7 days-I know...I just couldn't do it for some reason)..So, although I cried in the morning, I got myself together and prepared his favorite dinner-Chicken Marsala with Fettucine Alfredo...
It was really, really good...

I also made him an ice cream cake for dessert.  Not just any ice cream cake but an ice cream cake with a chocolate crust.  The first layer of ice cream was chocolate with crushed cookie crumbs.  Then I crushed an entire bag of snack sized snickers and put that in the middle layer...then I put another layer of Edy's Chocolate ice cream.  Then I made some whipped cream..I decorated the top with the whipped cream and put some more crushed snickers on top....It was S...O....G..O..O..D...!!!


We opened gifts.  One thing Darryl and I love to do for each other is to take the boys to the paint your own pottery place and make something with their hand or footprints.  Well, this year we made a popcorn bowl.  You see Darryl is the best popcorn maker and on Friday night movie nights he always makes popcorn for us(which is kindof neat because his dad used to do the same thing)
He loved it...







Hopefully, he had a wonderful birthday and I didn't spoil it with my depression and tears...I love him so much and am blessed to have him as my husband...
Happy Birthday Darryl!
I love you...

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your family..

    Please email me if you ever just need to get through a day:):)

    americangirl1690@yahoo.com

    I know being sick is not fun but it's the Lords way of slowing us down and becoming dependent of Him and your hubby..

    love,
    Robin at just a family

    ReplyDelete