Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Another Kefir Smoothie Recipe

I'm battling a pretty serious infection right now. I'm on two antibiotics and it seems the infection isn't clearing up(Please include me in your prayers for healing)...Anyway, I knew I needed some serious probiotic help. Probiotics are known for immune boosting and help with infections. I knew I needed large doses of Kefir so I experimented today with a new recipe. The measurements are approximate because I just dumped everything into the blender, so you may need to adjust to your own taste.

3 cups of Kefir
2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa(Carob would be good too)
3 bananas
A large squirt (I'd say about 2 tbspns) of honey (I ran out of raw honey this week-that would have been ideal-had to use the bear)

Blend until smooth. This was really good. It tastes like a shake and had just get a tiny hint of the sourness of the Kefir. If that bothers you, use a little more honey.
Some folks have been asking me about other uses for kefir. I use it whenever a recipe calls for buttermilk or plain yogurt. It's great in pancakes and waffles. I marinated some chicken in it two weeks ago with spices and then baked the chicken after draining off the kefir....it was devine! I'm going to marinate some chicken this weekend with Kefir for fried chicken . It really helps to tenderize the chicken just like buttermilk.
Blessings!
Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment