Friday, February 19, 2010

Grocery Budget revisited

Well, this week I spent alot. It was a milk run week, plus we had our food co-op order pickup. We only order this every other month so they are usually large amounts. This month I didn't order too much but you buy in bulk so a 25lb bag of rice is $22.50. Yes, a great price for organic brown rice, but it's still $22.50 0ut of my budget. So, with that said I spent $68.19 with the co-op and $163.06  for the week. With this weeks total, I've spent $412.96 leaving me $137.04 for the remainder of the month. I'm hoping that I can come under that amount and save the rest for March because I'd like to buy a large quantity of beef next month since it's not a food co-op month. I think I've done well and knew I could do it I just had to get back on track. I've always been very frugal with shopping and make almost everything from scratch, I just needed to get settled from the craziness of our lives for the last 4 months. I'm back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment