Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grace...

My heart is heavy today.  Some personal news has been shared with me by someone I love and care about and it makes me sad.  It makes me sad because some parties involved do not understand what it means to have Grace...How do you help someone you love who is so blinded by pride and legalism?  How do you show them how to truely love?  Do you stand by and just let the cards fall as they may?  Do you intervene because of personal experience has told you what will happen next?  Do you try and change fate to save something that may already be dead?  Or do you just pray?...........
Dear Heavenly Father-Please allow this special person in my life to wake up out of this fog.  Please let this happen before this person experiences more loss and rejection by people they love.  Please help this person see the cycle has to stop...whatever is causing this person to do these things-over and over and over-please Lord help this person see that by continuing they are pushing people away-the only people on your Earth that truely love this person.  Please show this person HOW to love...and please Lord use me... use me to be a light and a testimony to this person that your Grace is good enough, that Jesus heals...that thru him, we are all forgiven and we can stop forgiving when God stops forgiving us...
We can change to who he has called us to be if we just turn toward him instead of away from him...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tanya,

    I'm so sorry you are dealing with really hard issues. I guess without knowing the details I would say only intervene if you honestly think it will help. In situations like this I think it is very important to protect your own family. It is sometimes very easy to get sucked into other people's drama. It's hard when it's family or close friends, though. I will pray for wisdom for you!

    Blessings,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and keep praying. This person knows the way they just needs to look up.

    ReplyDelete