Friday, February 5, 2010

Farm Name

I need your help! I've set up a poll on the right side of my blog to help us name our farm. I will probably add more selections as time moves on and I get more ideas, but if you have another idea please share! I really have always wanted a little farm since I was a teenager so this is a big decision on what to name it. We will eventually be selling products on the farm like honey, eggs, chickens,etc so I'll want to eventually have a logo for labels and such.

The names I have so far are:

Hickory Nut Homestead-(My friend's daughter whom is very versed on plants, trees and such(Hi! Tori!) told me we have a lot of Hickory Nut trees on our property so I thought this fit and was kindof cute)



Rocky Hill Farm/Homestead-this is kindof tongue in cheek because we have uncovered a ghastly number of rocks on our property. It's going to be alot of work to get this land ready for vegetables and pasture for chickens. If anyone knows how I can have a little side business on selling rocks, please tell me because we have a ton!! However, I do like the name so I put it on the poll.



Heritage Acres Homestead-

I like this because heritage signifies tradition, generational, passing on something. I hope to pass on first the love of the Lord to my boys, to love and serve others first, and also an appreciation for all that we have been given including this beautiful land...so that's why I chose this name as well...

So, help us decide...which name should we choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment