Monday, August 30, 2010

First Day of Third Grade




Our first full day back to schoolwork was today.  We've still kept up with reading and math throughout the summer but picked it all back up today. 
It started with a good breakfast of homemade blueberry muffins and orange juice.

This year I'm putting more responsibility into the boys' hands as far as taking control over getting certain assignments done without me telling them everything to do.  Here is their reading requirements and they are required to check them off daily as they get them done.  It worked great today and I think this will be great in teaching them more responsibility as well as time management.



Here is Nicholas...my goofball..


And then Matthew...my people pleaser...


Workin' hard..


It's not all serious...we like to have fun too!!

We finished with our core subjects by 12:30 today which is pretty good considering things took longer today as I had to explain everything new.  They had an afternoon online science class but had the rest of the day for play(and lots of cuddles)...Nini was especially cuddly today (I think he was happy with our new school schedule).
We had baseball tonight and then I made them a favorite for dinner(Pasta with homemade sauce)...
Here's looking foward to a great year!

















1 comment:

  1. Sonlight Core 3 was one of my favorites that I used with Caleb. I am using it again this year with Jeremy. Enjoy! There are some really great books in that core.

    ReplyDelete