Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Tuesday, August 31, 2010




For Today…Second day of school, piano lessons and the boys' first kid pitch baseball game tonight.





Outside my window... the sun is shining and it's going to be really hot today...


I am thinking...I'm a little nervous to start Latin today even though I took 2 years of it in high school.  Thankfully, we have a DVD to help us along the way...



I am wearing...a black top and white skirt, red glasses and barefoot!


I am remembering...that I need to always be present in the moment and enjoy it!



I am going...to get everything done today!


I am hoping....that the weather will cool down after this week.



From the learning rooms…learning about Native American Indians, memorizing Psalm 8, and working out the little kinks of starting new curriculum's..




Noticing that... if Nicholas didn't have me watching him he would never get his work done.  He's making train noises and dawdling instead of focusing on his math worksheet.


Pondering these words...Do what you can, with what you have, where you are...
                                     Theodore Roosevelt


From the kitchen…leftovers for lunch and dinner(I love when we can clean the fridge out and hold grocery shopping off another day-I'm determined to stay on budget this month with our groceries)


Around the house...homeschooling, cleaning and starting holiday lists for things I need to make.

One of my favorite things:  rocking chairs on the front porch

A few plans for the rest of the week:  I plan to start painting the table in the kitchen, also plan to hang a couple of more pictures and order some blankets for the boys room.  I'd like to start decorating their room now.

From my picture journal:

(This is Nicholas's photography entry for the fair-I thought he did a great job!)

If you'd like to participate in A Simple Woman's Daybook, follow this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment