Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sometimes you just got to give a little...

We had a pretty rough day. It has been raining all day and the boys have been climbing the walls. I was on the phone with a realtor this morning which turned kindof ugly and I was pretty mean(I was hiding in the closet but with only 1000sq ft we are climbing all over each other and the boys caught some of the conversation). They were upset at the realtor instead of upset with me. After I calmed down and realized how my actions affect them way more than I realize sometimes, I first asked the Lord for forgiveness, asked the boys for forgiveness and then contacted the realtor and apologized to her as well for my actions. Gosh, when I'm a bundle of stress and someone crosses me, watch out I can be so ugly!! I've really tried to work on that and even though I can't take it back, I know I'm forgiven and hope the boys see that when we do something wrong, we can make it right.
So, we finished school and had to drive 40 minutes in the rain to pick up milk. I had some more phone calls with the realtor(much nicer this time) and we came home and had a quick dinner. Darryl is out at a business dinner tonight and the boys were really missing him. He has had so many events lately and it seems so much worse when we are stuck here. I sound so ungrateful and really I'm not, it's just hard when you have two hyper little ones and no where to play unless you take them somewhere. We are so used to just opening the door and going outside to play. So, anyway, Darryl's out for the night and when we are saying our dinner prayers and giving thanks for what we are thankful for(a daily routine) all the boys could think of was a piece of candy they had today. That made me really sad. So, I surprised them with an impromtu movie night. They screamed with excitement. We never watch movies during the week and rarely watch t.v. so this was a special treat. I set up their computer to play the movie-we've never done that before and they thought it was so cool. They got in jammies and cuddled in bed-it's freezing here today-and settled in for a movie. Hugs and kisses were in abundance-it was just what they needed...
Here is a picture of them watching the movie-Scooby Doo Pirate's Ahoy!



And yes, there mattress' are on the floor. The room is so tiny we can't fit their bedroom suites in there....it's like camping...at least that's what we tell them....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun camping adventure to me...cozy little room likes like. I'm proud of your for how you handled yourself after the phone call...my kids get the same way...all defensive of ME when I was the one who did something wrong. Hum.
    Hey...I didn't think of this, but now that you are closeby do you want to join in our milk run rotation? If you did, then that would be 4 of us and we'd only have to go every 8 weeks! Email me and let me know.

    ReplyDelete