Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February Grocery totals...

I know you've been waiting on pins and needles to see if  I made my goal, right?

Well, the final week of February I spent $93.10.  So, the total for the month was $471.06!!! That's including spending $20 for the food bank.  I really did so much better than I thought.  We ate home every night and we ate well!  I'm going to cut the grocery budget from $550 to $500. I'm also going to take $30 from February's budget(since we came in $80 under budget) and save for our beef budget(we buy 1/4-1/2 a beef cow at a time)...March will be a bit more challenging because we have three milk pickups so I have to keep in mind that $105 is already taken up with that...I think I'll continue to monitor the grocery budget on my sidebar for accountability purposes.  And I will post some recipes soon(per Rona's request) (-:
Oh...and our eating out budget was $40 this month...I know..really low I was determined to stick with it...well..we spent $17.24...I don't think we've ever....ever....in 15 years spent only $17 eating out for the month.. so I'm pretty happy and hope to continue that(unless we go out for sushi)...

No comments:

Post a Comment