Thursday, March 11, 2010

Venison recipe

My good friend gave me some Venison to try recently.  We had never tried it before and was wondering if it was good enough for Darryl to learn how to hunt.  She gave me some Venison round steaks and I used this recipe I found in the Fix it and Forget it Cookbook(modified slightly).  This was soooo good!  It was even better the second day and Darryl couldn't get enough.  Needless to say, he will be hunting this fall now...(-:
Here is the recipe:

Venison Swiss Steak
2 lbs round venison steak
flour
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
butter
3 onions, sliced
1 cup carrots, diced
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1-2 Tbspns of Worcestershire sauce

Cut up the Round steak into bite size pieces.  Combine the flour, salt and pepper.  Dredge the steak in flour mixture and brown in butter in your skillet. Place in slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients and cover.  Cook on low 7.5-8.5 hours. 

I made some creamy homemade mashed potatoes on the side and it was a man's dream dinner.  I could do no wrong that day.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment