Thursday, March 25, 2010

Piano at the Nursing Home




The boys have begun playing piano every other week at a local nursing home.  They love it(especially Matthew).  When I asked them last week what their favorite thing about playing piano was they both said they enjoyed playing for the seniors.  We don't have any family here, which saddens me greatly, so the boys never get to play for extended family but in playing for the nursing home, it's been a blessing to us as well as them.  You can just see the joy in the ladies faces when the boys sing and play old hyms like Amazing Grace and Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.  They also love when the boys play duets-mostly blues songs.   They sometimes save their cookies for the boys in exchange for a hug of course.  It's been a wonderful experience...

2 comments:

  1. I grew up with a ton of extended family around all the time. I get sad sometimes thinking about how my kids are missing what I had growing up with a bunch of cousins to play with. It is always nice to find that sense of family when they can't be near.

    I was wondering if I could get some Kefir grains from you. I could pick them up or meet you somewhere (maybe a homeschool event or something).

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pic of them playing together :) Samantha plays and I love to hear her ... she is working hard on Fur Elise and Chariots of Fire... I need to get her to a nursing home! I've been meaning to do that for some time... :)

    ReplyDelete