Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My son...

Matthew has asked me to play with him several times lately.  I've always been to *busy* to play with him.  Either I'm cleaning or cooking or homeschooling or dealing with the building of our home or trying to catch up with our activities...or on the computer...dang computer..it's such a time waster for me.  I can go online to look up a specific recipe and rabbit trail for an hour afterwards..do you do that?  Ughh....
Well, the other day he asked me if I could set aside 10 minutes to play with him a day....10 MINUTES...that's all he felt like he could get out of me...Gosh, talk about stab to the heart...He really needed some mommy time and while I counted all the hours upon hours of homeschooling and reading and projects as mommy time, he doesn't..and really I shouldn't either. Just because I'm always with them doesnt' mean I'm always WITH them.  He wanted all of me..  He wanted to play with me...Well, after that reality check and after seeing how much of a bad mommy I had been lately, I prayed for the Lord to help me see when I get sucked into something that's not important and when he needs me to stop what I'm doing and say..yes.....
Yesterday, he asked several times to play a game with me and while I was busy..I stopped and said yes. Today while I was making homemade english muffins, the Lord quietly reminded me to include Matthew.  So, I called him in the kitchen to help me cook.  He was thrilled!  He helped cut out the muffins from the dough and had a great time.  Then later on in the day he asked if I would play cars with him and I'll be honest, I didn't want to, but I said yes..and I had such a great time.  He was so thankful and kept saying how much he loved me and how happy he was...I feel awful for slipping into my routines and not stopping to enjoy each moment with my boys.  I get so caught up in everything I forget sometimes to cherish every moment.  All my son needed was just me...and really all I needed was him...

No comments:

Post a Comment