Thursday, September 3, 2009


This post is for my dad. You see my lovely step mom ,whom I adore, informed me that my dad is on a juicing/smoothie kick lately. So, I thought I could add to his recipe repertoire one of my favorite smoothie recipes. The boys love it, it's great for your digestion, has Omega 3's up the wazoo...it's just a

great drink...so dad, if your reading this try it!

2 cups of raw milk Kefir (Kefir is kindof like yogurt with live cultures that you let sit on your counter top in raw milk for a couple of days to grow-sounds gross but it's great for you and it tastes like yogurt)

Handful of blueberries

Handful of strawberries

2 bananas

Ground flaxseeds(I buy whole flaxseeds and grind them in a coffee grinder)

Spoonful of raw, local honey

And if I'm feeling particularly healthy that morning, I'll throw in a couple of handfuls of spinach.

You never taste it, it just turns the smoothie green but adds some veggies.

That's it-my favorite healthy smoothie!

Enjoy it-love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment