Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We visited a cub scout troop last night to see if the boys(and us) were interested in joining. It was a homeschool-only group and I didn't know what to expect. I was so impressed!
It was really large, much bigger than I expected. The boys were hesitant to go(especially Nicholas) . When we got there I think he was overwhelmed by the size and didn't want to go in. He was scared, so I brought him outside--we talked and hugged and came back in. They got to make homemade rockets and then compete outside in different contests(targets and height contests) The boys had a blast! When we were leaving they kept asking if they could join! What a difference from 2 hours before. I'm really glad we went. It seems like a great troop. Only problem is our baseball schedule. The boys asked if they would miss baseball to be in the troop and I said I'm not sure. Now, they are unsure if they want to join because baseball is super important to them too. Such decisions (-:

No comments:

Post a Comment