Friday, September 11, 2009

Well, the chicken's were denied. The City Council had made up there mind even before we showed up. Even after we had a large attendance of supporters and only 1 person opposing. Even though I have one foot out the door already with our home for sale I still wanted to see this through. I had started this process in late January and really needed to fulfill my commitment...plus there were 60 other residents counting on me being present. I really learned alot in this process. I learned that I can speak publicly without freaking out. I was super scared the first time especially when you have alot of eyes watching you from behind and your speaking to a panel that is *above* you..I mean that literally there panel is higher that where the presenter stands. That really gets on my nerves. Here these are officials that WE elected yet they sit on a panel higher than us...but I digress...
It taught me alot about politics and how it doesn't matter if you present facts or have a strong case. It doesn't matter if the public wants something..what matters is what THEY want, what THEY this is best for them, not the general public.
It taught me that the politicians in our town have some underlying racism issues. They have repeatedly (in the P&Z sector) made comments about *other cultures* and how they didn't think the other cultures(meaning Mexicans) wouldn't comply with our lengthly amendment. Well, news flash, there are already people keeping chickens illegally we were just trying to be responsible citizens and go about this legally. Why penalize us for other people that don't follow the rules?
Well, after this process it just confirms my beliefs more that you have to take care of your own family because the government isn't looking out for your best interest... just there own. I will continue to discuss with D the benefits of owning our own land with no restrictions so we can do as we please-to raise our own meat for food, to have our own organic gardens free from GMO's and other industrial products intending on polluting our food sources. To be as self sufficient as possible and to remember that our heavenly Father is in charge...he wants what is best for us and wants us to use our minds and our hands for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment