Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christmas dilemma

O.k. I have my first Christmas dilemma of the year. Nicholas has decided to write his Christmas letter to Santa early because he is positively sure of what he wants for Christmas. This is how the letter goes:
Dear Santa,
I have been a good boy all i want is like two toys i have wanted these toys for a long time can you please give me these toys they are expensive toys they are a dirt bike with an ingine and gas and Wii game with smash brothers
Love,
Nick
First and foremost, he created one long run on sentence and we have been working on sentence structure for weeks now(apparently he got so excited writing he forgot all of our grammar rules..lol..) ( I also didn't edit spelling for cuteness...)
Second, neither of these things do *I* want him to have for Christmas. I mean..a dirt bike...for an 8 year old!! He'll crack his head or break an arm or something. This is why he is obsessed with acreage lately-he wants to have a dirt bike soooo bad. And Darryl never disagrees with me when Nick brings the conversation up so I'm a lone soldier is this battle.
And the Wii-well...every single time we've been to a friends house that has Wii the boys go into a crazy obsessive state and they won't play with the other children, won't eat, won't do anything but play Wii. Now, maybe it's because we don't have it here at home but I worry. This could be a whining battle everyday if they can play Wii. And I don't believe in using things like that to bribe them to finish their schoolwork. So..what to do..I don't know. Secretly, I'd like to have the Wii fit to workout at home but I've noticed even in the apartment because we have cable now when we didn't have before-we are constantly turning the t.v. on now when before we didn't. I'm scared that will happen if we get the Wii.
I hate this pressure to get something because everyone else has it. I go against the grain with almost everything and it's tiring...
Maybe I can convince him he needs a new baseball bat instead....

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with that one! ;)

    Luke has been begging for a wii too for a long time. And all the kids (including me) are begging for a dog too. I don't think we'll get either for Christmas. I feel the same way about a dvd player in the car...that my kids would beg for it all the time and it would become more of a problem than a good thing.

    ReplyDelete