Friday, October 9, 2009

Good friends


I have been friends with Wendy since I was about 18..which means she was 20...
I claim her as mine but really she is both Darryl and my friend as we all worked together many years ago...and have lots of great and funny memories all together.
She is one of my oldest, dearest friends and although geography and life has kept us separated for many years-we are close again..both in geography..and in life.
I'm so grateful for a rekindling of our friendship. We met up last weekend for an apple pickin' excursion and a lovely, homemade dinner with both our families. Her man can cook some chicken (and potato salad......) I believe it was the first time she saw my twins in person(they are almost 8). Our children got along wonderfully...
She is on to new adventures in her life and I wish her the best and hope I can be a part of them now that we live close again.
Funny story I wanted to blog about though(it attests to my memory skills-or lack thereof)
This weekend, I noticed she was wearing an engagement ring. Now, I knew she was in a serious relationship, I knew she had mentioned possibly getting married, but I could not for the life of me remember if she had told me they had gotten engaged officially or not. So, I kept my mouth shut. Well, after the whole day together she asks if I'm going to congratulate her and I ask her for what?...lol...
She says the engagement and I then fessed up that I didn't remember if she had told me or not...we got a good laugh out of it...
I'm so grateful to have her here(well in the mountains but we all know how I love going there)
Love you Wendy!

No comments:

Post a Comment