Friday, October 23, 2009

Sometimes I wish...

Maybe it's the onset of a new birthday that gets my mind to thinkin'
I wish I would have been a little crazier in my 20's..now don't get me wrong I was pretty crazy in some respects. People that knew me then and know me now would say I was crazy and really had some pretty crazy ideas. Like the time I convinced Darryl we MUST move to Vegas and become blackjack dealers. I was convinced(in my mind of course) that we could work for 5 years, make a ton of money and buy a house in some Western mountain town cash...I hadn't thought of the fact that I was only 19 or 20 at the time and wasn't even legal to gamble yet. We headed to Vegas on an apartment hunt, picked out an apartment, spent way to many days gambling and then decided we didn't like it any more. Or the time, I almost had him convinced we should be over the road team truck drivers so we could travel and make money. That one didn't pan out either. Or the time I was convinced we were going to move to Colorado even though we've never been there. I even went back to school to get more hours into my cosmetology licence so I could immediately work when we got there. I went back to school for 200 hours(after working a full time job doing hair at a salon), finished my schooling, gave my 2 weeks notice to the salon, told all my clients...then decided it was bad idea...
So, I've had my share of crazy ideas and desires to do some crazy things...but I still wish I would have tried some of them.
I kindof wish we lived in a hippy commune for a year...
I kindof wish we moved to NYC for a year(I almost convinced him of that as well)...
I kindof wish we lived with the Amish for a bit...
I kindof wish we were like those railway kids that hop on different trains(think hobo) and just explore different cities-you see alot of these kids in Asheville(I think that's pretty cool minus the living on the street part)...
I kindof wish we sold everything, bought a huge bus and traveled around the U.S. where we could make some sort of useful something to sell, Darryl could grow a beard and I could let my hair become dreadlocks.
I kindof wish we lived in a Thomas Kincaid painting...

Are my farm fantasies another crazy idea I'm dragging my family into? I subscribe to all the right magazines-Hobby Farm, Mary Janes Farm, Mother Earth News...I tried to get chickens legalized in Concord, I cook from scratch and support local farmers and businesses even if it means I pay more out of pocket....this one has outlasted all of my other crazy ideas-is it just determination...don't know.

If we don't do it, will I wish someday we did?

I hope the boys always follow there dreams, even if they are crazy like mine...
I hope they think that there mom is always full of ideas, loves to learn and a forever dreamer...
I hope that Darryl's dreams come true...
I hope that I never give up dreaming....

1 comment:

  1. Honey, your crazy ideas are great! They show that you have adventure, imagination and a willingness to try anything for the better.

    ReplyDelete