Thursday, May 6, 2010

Strawberry Fields

We hit the strawberry fields yesterday with some friends for our annual strawberry pickin' trip.  The boys had a great time, mostly playing with their friends.  Matthew was great at staying consisent with pickin' but Nick..well..he was mostly interested in eating the strawberries, not picking...

Note Matthew's pants and fingers..he was covered in strawberries.  (I was worried because I didn't pretreat any of the stains on his shorts but I washed them today and all the stains came out-my homemade laundry detergent rocks!)

IMG_5856

IMG_5857




Check out Mr. Sporty...he was over this 5 minutes after we got there.  He just wanted to play with his friends but he kept on for mommy (-:

IMG_5850

We only picked 2 gallons because..well..because I was to busy socializing to pick myself.  So, we may go back next week and pick some more so I can make some freezer jam.  The farm we visited was a new stop for all of us and it was very close to where we live so it's no big deal to run out there. We just finished  our last jar of strawberry jam  from last spring and it was soooo good I have to make it again.  There is nothing like having the taste of summer on your toast in the middle of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment