Saturday, April 23, 2011

My small town...

Just had to share one more reason why I love my small town...

This afternoon, I was busy preparing our Easter feast for us and our guests tomorrow.  Darryl has been busy outside finishing up our chicken coop.  He was stapling chicken wire to an opening in the roof.  Well, he ran out of staples.  He asked me to call our local hardware store(not a chain-we live at least 25 minutes away from a chain  but a local establishment that has everything you could imagine-from garden supplies to canning supplies..a real old-timey type place).  Anyway, I called them to ask if they had the staples and they said yes.  I asked what time they were closing at they said 4pm(It was 3:50 when I called).  I told them I would be right there.  I hopped in the car and Darryl called them back and asked if they would wait I was on my way(he's done this before and they have always been gracious enough to wait).  We live about 5-10 minutes away out farther in the country and this hardware store is in *town*.   So, I got there and a bit after 4pm  and they were as pleasant as could be and had the staples waiting for me.  They had already closed the register and the owner told me to just stop by when I got a chance to pay him!  This is the second time they have done that!  Of course, we always come back but I'm amazed because we are newcomers they don't know us that well, yet they are trusting enough to allow us to leave with products(last time was a bunch of bales of hay) and not pay...take that Lowes!

Just another reason I love living in my small town...


No comments:

Post a Comment