Thursday, April 21, 2011

Some sewing...

I've been trying to carve out time for more lately.  I feel so refreshed and happy when I have time to be creative and Darryl was sweet enough to give me a wonderful space in the house just for that purpose. 
Lately, my sewing has been geared toward our upcoming blessing.  Here are some of the projects I've done.

Here is a diaper bag.  It's really great-large, has loads of pockets and I think pretty cute(-:
If you'd like to make one for yourself or as a gift, here is the pattern I used:

It's called the Hip Mama Diaper Bag and it's a free tutorial!



I've also made several blankets.  I love making blankets because they are easy and fun!
This one has little sheep on one side and green and white polka dots on the other with coordinating rick rack.
I think it turned out cute and I made some matching burp rags as well as some bibs(not pictured) with the leftover fabric.  If you are interested in making these, I have another free tutorial to share!
Don't ya' love free (-:




This is another quickie blanket I whipped up the other night.  I LOVE owls..so  when I saw this fabric(at Walmart) I had to buy it and make a cute blankie.


I just finished making a bobby cover for an ugly(but cheap) Boppy I purchased at a consignment sale with(surprise)another free tutorial.  I'll share that later in the week.  I'm also converting plain Jane clearance curtains to something extraordinary..with a bit of creativity, some fabric and sewing (-: I'll share what I did with pictures when I'm done.

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment