Monday, October 21, 2013

My birthday weekend



 On Friday morning, Darryl surprised me with an early birthday gift.  We were going to spend the weekend in the mountains!  He had booked a place on top of Beech Mountain for our family.  I had asked several months before if we could celebrate my birthday up there this weekend because 1.  The weather is AWESOME 2.  It's peak leaf peeping weekend 3.  Festivals galore!
He had everything planned and I was so excited!  I quickly scrapped our homeschooling day and packed everyone up so we could head out.
After a quick, but chaotic stop at the grocery store in Grandfather Mountain, we settled into our little mountain hideaway for the night.
With homemade buffalo dip and gluten free pizza, we were all cozy by the fire.
Here is the view out the window at dusk.  We could see 4 states from up there!


Darryl prepared me a wonderful breakfast to enjoy on the deck in the morning.  It was cold out there but the view was so worth it!
 

Heading out to one of my favorite mountain festivals-The Valle Crucis Fair. 

All of my babies are so sweet.
 

Snugglin' with my lil' pumpkin.








She has us all wrapped around her finger.
 

Darryl prepared me the most lovely dinner.
Steak, potato, and a wonderful mixed green salad with bleu cheese.
 


Getting ready to head out to the Woolly Worm Festival in Banner Elk.
 

The boys training their Woolly Worms for the race.  
 



 Sadly, Jerry(Nicholas' worm), Bookin' It(Matthews' worm), and Choo-Choo(Joeys' worm) didn't win...but we still had a great time!



After the festival, we headed to a beautiful park for a picnic lunch and some play time.
Juliana loved crunching (and eating) the leaves.
 


We all had such a beautiful weekend.  
I'm so grateful and in awe of my blessings.

2 comments: