Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm a winter weather geek...


I'm obsessed with the weather in the winter. More specifically, I'm obsessed with the possibilities of snow. Why you ask? I don't know...could have something to do with spending most of my childhood near a beach in Florida. If there is a hint of a slight possibility of snow in these parts, I'm on the computer 15 times a day checking to see if there has been any changes while watching The Weather Channel. I get so excited!!

But what is weird is that while I love the possibility of snow and I love watching it fall, after about an hour of being in it, I'm done. I don't like being cold and wet. Specifically cold...when we go skiing or tubing, I wear like a crazy amount of clothes. Seriously, the pictures earlier this week of us at Beech Mountain, I had long johns, 2 pairs of pants, a thermal shirt, a turtleneck and a ski bib on. Then when I knew we would be outside for a longer period of time, I added a sweatshirt on top, a huge ski jacket, a 7 foot long scarf that I wrapped around my neck and entire face, ski gloves and a hat. I look like a rolly polly...but I can't stand to be cold...or hot for that matter. And I try doing the same thing to the boys-remember that little boy from The Christmas Story? When the mama wraps him up so much he can't even put down his arms? That's me! And Darryl is the complete opposite. He'll send them out if they have a sweater and some shoes on (-:

So, I'm excited about the possibility of the snow this week. I'm not terribly excited about it on Friday, since we are moving the storage stuff to our new town, which means I'll be outside...in the snow...and cold...

Maybe I can just stay inside and watch and make everyone some hot cocoa and pizza and watch the snow fall....do you think I can get away with that?

1 comment:

  1. How funny, I am the SAME way! Comes from growing up on Long Island, NY and tracking the hurricanes and weather patterns from the Ocean! You live near me? We are expecting snow tomorrow too. Just a dusting is enough to get everyone in a tizzy and muster up the excitement we all love. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    XoxoGapGirl

    ReplyDelete