Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years continued...

Everyone on the sledding hill was having a great time and then it happened...the first injury of the day and it was my Nicholas! He was sledding down face first and his face hit the ice and got scrapped up...well he was done with that hill! Not five minutes later, a man broke his ankle and Darryl had to call 911. He broke it at the top of the hill and couldn't get down. Then, after I took care of Nicholas and got him cozy into the car I wanted to go to the top of the hill to help the man(and to be nosey)...well, I got 1/4 of the way up and fell! I fell on both my wrists onto the ice...OUCH! It hurt so bad. So, we decided we were done with this place and headed to the next place.


We decide to next head to Beech Mountain. We read that they had a free sledding hill where the town blew snow and maintained the hill. So, we decided to head up the mountain from Boone. This place was great! It was a like a winter wonderland! Beech Mountain is the highest town in the eastern US at over 5500 feet. It was such a cute town..it looked like we were in a small town in Switzerland. It was snowing when we got there and everything was covered in snow..it was beautiful! I don't recall seeing so much in a long time!
First we headed to the cute general store for provisions-boo boo cream for Nicholas and chocolate treats for the family. The snow was so deep and powdery and was perfect for sledding. Nicholas didn't last too long so I stayed out with Matthew.


























No comments:

Post a Comment