Wednesday, January 27, 2010

To Do this Week

Revisit monthly budget
Set up financial goals for the New Year(I'm a bit late on this but better late then never) I'll be posting our financial goals to help me become more accountable to our spending
Set up monthly menu planner-I usually do this weekly but I really like to start doing it monthly
Make a list of easy, quick meals and always have ingredients on hand to avoid temptation to eat out

We've had some setbacks on the land and some LARGE expenses that have popped up in regards to the land (who knew an artesian well would pop up at the highest point on the property?) And while I'm freaking out about the extra expenses, I've received some good news today-Darryl recieved an unexpected bonus, the bank gave us some good news, and thankfully I've squirelled away enought savings to pay for the extra expenses. Thank you Dave Ramsey!
At least we aren't in prime, yard sale season because the temptation is so great to spend(I LOVE going to yard sales for the bargains) and even though we like to visit auctions and may attend some farm auctions this month or next, we are very conservative on bidding-usually we go and just watch for the fun of it...

So, I'll update soon on our new financial goals and hope to go out to the property tomorrow to take some pictures. They are clearing more trees today and hopefully setting the footers tomorrow!

Edited to add: Thank you to the Lord for whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment