Friday, January 8, 2010

My husband takes such good care of me...

And I'm so thankful for him and how hard he works for our family.

We are moving our storage stuff tomorrow to the new town and next week will be moving the apartment. So, Darryl got the truck tonight to load it up. We have a ton, I mean a ton of stuff in there it's really big as you can see it will fill this whole truck..and that's just our storage stuff. We'll have to rent two large units. Anyway, I digress, it's freezing here in N.C. as is much of the Eastern Seaboard. I mean crazy cold. Well, Darryl decided tonight that I should stay in with the boys, he will load it ALL HIMSELF! He really did want me to stay in with the boys out of the cold and said he could handle it...he's so good to me...



Well, I had to find some way to repay him and while it was small in comparison, It warmed him up in that cold. I made homemade hot chocolate. This recipe is sinful. I adapted it from a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. It just wasn't fattening enough so I had to make it richer. The recipe calls for 6 1/2 cups of water and I instead used 2 cups of water and 4 1/2 cups of whole milk...if your gonna do it...then do it..why wimp out and use all water? I think not! It was so good, as you can see from his smiling face in the picture... So, without further adieu...

Creamy Hot Chocolate

1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa

1/8 tsp of salt

1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract

4 1/2 cups of milk

2 cups of water( you can try all milk if you'd like...I may next time if I'm feeling particulary naughty)

Mix the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, salt and vanilla extract in a medium sized pot. Add the milk and water and stir frequently. I used a whisk and I think that helped distribute the cocoa and not leave any lumps. Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows. Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Poor Darryl!! I would like to have said "You should have called us to help!" but it was truly SOOOO cold that it would have been hard to come out and help!! :) Way to go Darryl. I really do feel bad that he did that all by himself with no men helpers. :( I'll have to try that hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darryl sounds so much like Lake. He takes such good care of his family. He totally would have done the same thing. We are truly blessed to have such good husbands!

    ReplyDelete